As a parent, you might be hearing from your child commenting about how boring Chemistry is, how abstract it can be, how they seem to be working hard but not seeing the results, or you could have gotten a shock from seeing his performance in the recent test, all these might have led you to start your search for a Chemistry tutor.
Whether you are getting a recommendation or searching online for the best private Chemistry tutor in Calgary, just like buying a pair of shoes, you will only know if a pair of shoes fits you comfortably when you wear them yourself. Your colleagues can probably only suggest brands of shoes which fit them nicely.
The duties of a chemistry tutor include:
- Creating lesson plans.
- Preparing and delivering lectures.
- Creating and supervising laboratory activities for students.
- Evaluating student performance.
- Maintaining student’s records.
Depending upon the tutors’ expectations, additional research, supervisory or organizational duties may also require a chemistry tutor says private chemistry tutor in Calgary.
Here is the role of a good chemistry tutor
- Inspire students to explore chemistry by challenging them to create an effective, eco-friendly cleaning solution.
- Teach students the scientific method, including making observations, collecting and recording data, and drawing conclusions.
- Use fun kitchen projects, like making ice cream, to demonstrate what a chemical reaction is.
- Lead a field trip to a local pharmaceutical company to help students understand how chemistry impacts their lives.
Similarly, you can start by shortlisting 2-3 Chemistry tutors who fulfill your requirement, contact the best private Chemistry tutors in Calgary to find out more, start your child on a trial lesson or a few lessons for them to experience the tutors’ teaching style. Youths nowadays will tell you honestly if they have any ‘Chemistry’ with the Chemistry tutor.
A Good Chemistry Tutor should have:
- More than ten years of teaching experience and a result-oriented teaching system
- The ability to create interest in your child who has lost the motivation to learn Chemistry
- Excellent and practical communication skills to impart his knowledge
- A proven track record of helping underperforming students to reach higher levels
- The magic to make the learning of Chemistry enjoyable and memorable
- A positive, approachable, and patient personality
It is a tremendous help for students when tutors leverage the tutoring around them. As former high school math and science teacher, I didn’t have time to personalize learning enough for my students. The best private Chemistry tutors in Calgary make sure your student’s tutor has your syllabus and is up to date with your student’s grade. Even better, make a point to communicate regularly with the tutor (weekly, monthly, or whatever “regular” means to you) to check-in and review student strengths and weaknesses. For younger students, it is recommended more frequent communication with tutors.
It is believed that a successful tutor will give their students the time to listen and build this relationship which will allow them to create more unique and tailored lessons for the student’s learning. It is also true that the more comfortable a student feels in their learning environment, the easier it is for a tutor to help the student push themselves to their full potential successfully.