The intricate design on a new wall sticker might be intimidating when trying to apply it. The best way to install custom wall graphic decals is with the help of our list of top tips!
A new wall decal’s intricate design may make you feel anxious as you attempt to put it on the wall.
However, you will be pleased that you took the time to read this post. In this post, we will supply you with some helpful hints that will assist you in applying your new wall décor to your walls in a flawless manner.
The following is a list of essential guidelines that you should adhere to:
Pattern Wall Stickers Can Be Intimidating
You might be a little intimidated by pattern wall stickers. After all, nobody knows how to use them. Here are a few tips for you to be successful when using these decals:
- When using a polka dot or star pattern, it’s nice to cluster them from a corner. However, this method rarely works when used with other shapes.
- Another technique you can try is the waterfall pattern, which begins densely at the top and then becomes more spaced out as it moves downward. It may seem intimidating at first, but this pattern works in almost any room.
- If you’re not confident with your skills in this area, use a patterned wallpaper with only a few colors.
Avoid Horizontal Stripes
- Ensure proper fit: Placement is critical. A light guide will help you place the decal properly.
- To do this, hold a level flat beside the wall.
- Move the ends of the level to the center air bubble, then slowly draw a line to help you place the decal in the correct location.
- To avoid horizontal stripes, ensure the application is made slowly.
- Then, follow the instructions on the decal, making sure not to rush.
- Choose a design: There are several types of wall decals, including custom, bordered, and halo cuts. Custom cuts, also called contour and halo cuts, allow the decals to conform to the shape of the design. This application style is not suitable for thin structures, as smaller areas are prone to tears. The bordered method leaves a small white border around the shape.
Avoid Applying Them On dirty Or Oily Surfaces
Generally, you should avoid applying wall decals on oily or dirty surfaces. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t use them. Just make sure to follow some simple guidelines for applying them.
- First, clean the surface thoroughly. For this, you should use water or a mild household cleaner.
- Then, carefully peel off the backing from the decal. Repeat this process if it comes off easily.
- Once you’ve cleaned the surface, you can start applying the wall decals. When using them, make sure that the surface is clean and dry.
- After that, use a hair dryer to help you remove the backing.
- Another tip for removing the backing is to press down on the decal as you pull it gently. This will remove any bubbles in the adhesive material.
Remove Them From Problem Areas
If you have problems applying your wall decals, it is imperative to remove them from problem areas before continuing. Taking the time to remove them from problem areas can make the entire process more accessible and ensure that you have the perfect wall decals every time.
- Hair dryers are great for this, but they can also melt the adhesive material.
- A flat plank or strong ruler can be used to push off bubbles. Then check them from several different angles to ensure they are applied perfectly.
- If you have a wall with a problem area, you can use a heat gun to loosen the adhesive. This will help you remove the problem area quickly. A heat gun is also a good option because it does not leave residue behind.
- After using it, you can clean the area with cool water and sift clothes. Be sure to avoid using acidic cleaners as these will damage the decals.
Contact us for the wall decals of the interiors of your house. The interiors of your home need a complete revamp, and you want something unique to spice things up. Our creative wall decals will do precisely that.
Choose from custom wall graphic decals and opt for natural themes to create a more relaxing and natural atmosphere. The possibilities are endless! Just pick a design and get creative.