Unemployed Albertians seeking the opportunity to start careers as commercial truck drivers must grab this chance to enroll for the Class 1 work grant. Due to the shortage of commercial drivers in the trucking industry, there is an Incredible Opportunity for Unemployed Albertians to get back to their old profession through the new Driving Back to Work Grant Program. The first and foremost objective of this program is to help more Albertans become Class 1 drivers. This programme provides easy access to funding for Unemployed Albertans to take the Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) program to earn a Class 1 driver’s license.
Grab Class 1 Work Grant – Incredible Opportunity for Unemployed Albertians
Grab Class 1 Work Grant –
Career-oriented Albertans who wish to start their career as commercial truck drivers can grab this opportunity of new Driving back to the work grant program. Along with this program, people can access funding to take the mandatory Entry-level training (MELT) program to earn a Class 1 driver’s licence.
Grant Requirements –
Individuals must complete the below-given requirements for getting the class 1 licence.
· Air Brake Program
· Air Brake Knowledge Test
· Class 1 Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) Program
· Class 1 MELT Knowledge Test
· Class 1 MELT Road Test
Funding Highlights as Below –
Grant recipients will receive one-time funding (Approximately $ 8900.00) for the eligible candidates:
· Air Brake Program
· Class 1 Mandatory Entry-Level Training
· Vehicle rental and use of the yard for the Class 1 Road Test(s)
· Maximum of 2 Driver’s road tests
· You are required to cover the costs of:
· An Alberta driver’s medical examination report
· An Air Brake Knowledge Test
· The Class 1 Knowledge Test
How to Grab Class 1 Work Grant?
Individuals who wish to apply for a class 1 work Grant must follow the given steps carefully:
· First of all, go through the applicant guide of driving back to the work grant program.
· Fill the application form properly with all the asked details as per the instructions given in the guide.
· Submit the Driving Back to Work Grant Application form to Manpower Services duly attached with the required credentials.
· You can apply either through email or by post at the below-given address:
Email At: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manpower Services Ltd.
240, 734 7 Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3P8
Website: Manpower Services
· Now you need to complete the phone call to discuss your grant eligibility. You will get a phone call from Manpower Services on the same day they will receive your application.
· After that, an interview will be scheduled during the phone call with you, and it will occur virtually or in person.
· If you are eligible based on your application, then you will receive a preliminary approval email.
· After that, you need to get a driver medical exam from a licensed physician or nurse practitioner and send the results of the driver medical exam at: email@example.com within 15 business days.
· Lastly, you will get the full approval letter for grant funding if you pass the driver medical examination.
If you are unemployed and want to start a career in the trucking industry, then grab a Class 1 Work Grant and give wings to your career by following the simple applying steps given above.