Managed IT services include any information technology service and support handled by an outside firm through cloud-based software. These information technology solutions often provide round-the-clock monitoring of your systems, along with proactive support, and timely troubleshooting and repair services—often before your in-house team may realize there’s an issue.
Some examples of managed IT support, include remote monitoring and management of your network, managed video conferencing solutions and other collaboration tools, server maintenance, cloud-based storage, virtual machine management and cybersecurity measures.
The benefits of managed IT services include cost savings, round-the-clock IT services and support and reduced strain on your in-house IT staff to become experts in the myriad applications your organization uses daily. Having one firm manage all such services can reduce costs and increase your peace of mind that your systems will work when you need them.
Benefits of managed IT support services
Let’s explore the myriad benefits of IT support services provided remotely for small- to mid-sized business owners.
- A holistic approach streamlines operations. With monitoring, management, data storage and security (to name just a few) under one roof, there is no finger-pointing or blame when something goes wrong. Your managed IT solutions and support team will fix the problem.
- Centralized applications and servers improve security and stability. With managed IT support, your data and apps are hosted remotely, usually in a virtual server environment. These facilities usually follow international standards for security and control. Even if a natural disaster, fire or flood strikes your office, your data will be secure in a remote facility. Managed service providers have standards established to help you maintain business continuity if something goes wrong in your office or off-site.
- In-house IT staff can focus on innovation. With the nuts and bolts of day-to-day operations running on autopilot thanks to your managed IT service provider, your IT team can focus on your company’s core competencies and the innovative ideas that will keep it at the top of your industry.
- Managed IT support firms can help ensure compliance. From consumer privacy to the security of financial data, compliance rules and standards help protect individual rights. Especially for business owners in the e-commerce, retail, healthcare, education, financial services and legal industries, compliance plays a crucial role in avoiding fines and growing your customer base. Managed IT services can shift the burden of compliance. Trained experts can ensure your technology systems adhere to national and international rules and regulations.
- Stable costs reduce cash flow burdens. Managed IT services have low start-up costs and steady monthly payments, making it easier for you to budget for your IT expenses.
- Scalability helps conserve resources and control costs. It’s easy to scale up your managed IT services as your business needs grow. With pay-as-you-go service plans, you can even decide to scale up managed IT solutions during your busiest season and scale down again when needed.
- Future-proof services keep you on the cutting edge of your industry. Your managed IT service provider is continuously learning, training and upgrading systems to ensure leading technology systems. You gain the benefit of their expertise and investments to stay at the cutting edge of technology without having to pay for upgrades or training.
Technology tools like customer relationship management (CRM) software, social media schedulers and payment processing tools help businesses track leads through their sales funnel, build brand visibility and better manage cash flow. With the shift to cloud-based apps for so many business functions, a robust, reliable network and rock-solid IT systems become increasingly important.